Thursday, March 27, 2008

How I've been feeling...

I have been thinking a lot lately about our move here. Originally I was not happy about the move; about leaving NC, about being so far away from our parents and mawmaw, about leaving the south. I really felt that we would come back to NC after Dave was done with school so that was my out. I thought i can do anything for a few years and then we will be done. I had no intention of liking it here. I was going to enjoy life while I was here, but not settle down here.
I hated for people to say things like Oh, you must miss NC, it is so great there. (yadayada). It made me just want to go back that much more.
I have been totally blown away at how God has changed my heart. I love it here. I really do like living here and have no desire to move back to NC. I am content with my life here.
Since we left Charlotte, I have been praying for good friends. I made some in Winston but it took awhile for me to let myself get close to them. By the time I did, we were moving again. We have made some really good friends here and I cant imagine leaving them already and its only been 9 months. A lot of us have young kids so it is awesome to do life together and learn from each other. I feel comfortable sharing my successes and failures and being able to laugh or cry with them.
I really like church. I fought it for awhile and pointed out the negatives, but overall the positives far outweigh the negatives and I really enjoy it. Jeremiah seems to really like it here and has some good friends as well. The people we are friends with actually hang out and do things, which we love.
I do miss our families but I know we will see them as much as we can. I am jealous of people that have families here to help with the kids and things, but I know also, that we can manage it alone.
Ohio is not nearly as bad as I imagined (or hoped). I am very thankful in the way God steered us.
I can actually imagine Jeremiah going to school here, which is something I never have been able to before. I can imagine us buying a house, which has always been very scary for us. (We have this fear of commitment.) I am just thankful and glad we are here and wanted to share.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mandy,

I'm so glad that you and Dave moved here to Ohio. I love hanging out and talking with you both. I'm glad I went on Sunday night with you all to Dewey's, I had a good time

~Cathy