Saturday, August 2, 2008

You never know...

You never know how or why you make connections with people sometimes, but there is always a reason.!!

Let me start by saying I am not a huge fan of middle and high school students normally. I like them as people and I respect that Dave loves them, I would just prefer not to be a part of that ministry first hand. I did a little more last year than I like to, just since we were new and I wanted to see how things were going to be. I did a camping trip and CIY last year. We had one girl come to both and Jeremiah really liked her. I liked her too. She was one of the main drama queens in our group at CIY (another reason I am not a fan of HS girls), but I still liked her. I could see past it with her. A few months after the camping trip, we found out that that girl lied to us about this other girl being her sister so she could go for free. I, of course, had to call her on it and see why she would feel like she could lie to us the first time she had ever met us. She apologized and I thought that may be the end of seeing her. She didn't come much anyway and was usually scholarshiped if she did come. She had always sent me random myspace messages since the camping trip but never came back to church. She doesn't talk to anyone else at church, but she messages me. Why? I don't know really. Today, I got a message from her saying she and her 4 brothers and sisters all had to go into foster care until her mom can get help and get them back. I about cried that she would let me know. I don't know how we connected or why, but there is this connection now. Please pray for her and her brothers and sisters with me! I'm not sure of the circumstances, but just pray that things can get better for her and that I can know what to say and stay connected with her so she knows I'm there for her.

No comments: