Saturday, July 19, 2008

A crazy week!

I am such a slacker lately. I havent been updating the blog like I should and this week I know I won't because I will be in NC at the lake.
So, this past week I worked a 16 hour day and then a 12 hour night the next day so Dave took the boys to school and I picked them up. I dont know what it is about when I pick them up, but it seems so hectic and chaotic no matter what time I go, so that leads me to believe it is always that way. So, I go to get Thomas and there are 2 preschoolers in the baby room and about 4 outside the door with some grown man, who I think was the teachers baby daddy. Then as I was going in to get Thomas, one of the preschoolers walked out with a baby. I think they were the teachers kids but still, that is unacceptable 1st that there were kids in the room at all. I think I am overly cautious now that we have a peanut allergy, but any of those kids could have had it for lunch and then touched thomas or even on their feet. I just was about livid about that and then Jeremiah runs in and is sunburned from being outside (with no sunscreen). The kids are just having a free for all and the teachers are just hanging out talking to each other. As soon as I got in the car, I texted Dave and said thats it, Im done with the Daycare. He immediately calls me asking whats wrong, yada yada. I guess what saved them from me all along was the fact that Dave was the primary person to take and pick up, so once I got to see first hand for myself, it didnt take me long to realize, I wanted no part of that, so I out in my 2 weeks notice and paid up through July when my 2 weeks was up, like a good little girl, despite the fact that I wanted to just be done!
So, now I am very limited as to when I can work, but I am also limited as to the money I need to make since I dont have the $700 daycare to pay. So, I can work Thursday night, or Friday day or Friday night or Saturday day or Saturday night or any other night 7-11 and occassionally a 3-11pm. So, I still have choices and all I 'need' to make now is just my $300 to keep the debt snowball rolling.

We had a bonfire tonight with the CIY kids. It was fun, Danny and Karie got to come too and bring their kids going to CIY tomorrow as well. They get to come to church with us in the morning and then I am leaving to go to VA for a night and then off to the lake. I am making a stop in Winston to visit a friend and then I have a few friends coming down during the week to visit and my grandmother is coming too, so it should be a fun week.
I'll post pics when I return.

2 comments:

boltefamily said...

I just wanted to say thank you for having us on your prayer list! It really means a lot to have people checking in on us even still. Thank you, please know that I will be praying for you also!

Love,
Kristy Bolte

Stephanie Karnes said...

that was a good mommy decision made about the daycare. i can't imagine how frustrated you must of been! i'm glad you still have some time to work a bit too. i'll be thinking of you this week while you're at the lake. have fun!!