Sunday, February 8, 2009

my New Reality

So this was my first week of full time. I worked Tuesday, Wednesday and Thurday nights 7pm-7am. I took a little nap on Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday slept from about 9-3:30, and Thursday from 9-4, and Friday from 9-2. It worked out really well. I felt well rested and wasn't grumpy. Dave did a fantastic job of keeping the boys either out of the house or quiet for me. He also did a great job of housekeeping. He is actually a better housekeeper than I am. I am so thankful for him.
We went for a family swim on Friday afternoon at the gym. The pool is so warm (93degrees to be exact). Dave then swam his 20 laps and I walked 2.5 miles. I forgot that I get shin splints, it had been so long since I worked out, but my shins were absolutely killing me. I walked my first mile and then this 75+ year old man said "come on, speed up and talk to me, Im bored". So i walked and chatted another mile with him and discussed life. It was good and the time went by fast. I couldn't think about the fact that my shins were killing me b/c he was talking and walking fast non-stop.
The boys really like the childcare too, unless it is close to bedtime and they get a tad grumpy.
We are doing our 2nd hydrospin class on Monday night. We both could barely feel our legs as we got out of the water. We relaxed a little in the hot tub before we got the kids from childcare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought of you this week Mandy! So glad to hear the first week back to full time was a good one! :)