Monday, February 2, 2009

5K here i come...

Dave and I joined the gym this weekend. It is a really nice gym and the selling point to me was that it has great childcare where food is NOT allowed! Yay!!! This was pretty much going to make or break the decision for me. I did like it and the no food thing solidified it. It is so hard with allergy kids to feel safe about leaving them, even if you are only a few feet away.
We are going for our first spin class tonight and the boys for their first childcare experience there.
I also made myself a resolution that in 3 months I want to run a 5K, in 6 months a 10K, and in Sept/Oct I want to run a half marathon. I know i can do it, if i just set my mind to it.
I want to do it to prove to myself I can, but also to lose weight. I am hoping by the half marathon to have lost 30 pounds, so we will see how that goes.
I have my 10 year reunion this year which is my main motivation.

I have this picture of me in 1997 that I keep looking at to keep me motivated. Im not sure I can get that skinny again, but I want to fit in my jeans better and be able to wear more clothes that I can not right now. I am not dead set on 30 pounds or on a certain size, just feeling better and looking better in my clothes.
Here goes nothing! Keep me accountable guys! I really want this! Today is Feb 2nd and I am starting towards my 5K goal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your progress! I know you'll do great! BTW, I'm using dailymile.com to track my progress. It's a GREAT site!

Stephanie Karnes said...

that's great! i'd love to have someone to train with. i used to run all the time and did one 5K in my hometown. it was fun. i wanted to do one with the 3 kids, but they wouldn't allow it. what gym is it? i used to work at Fitworks in Newport. i hated it...i was selling memberships. so not my thing!! good luck to ya!