Monday, March 30, 2009

the boys

Lately, I am particularly loving being a mom. My boys are at such great ages. Jeremiah is 5 now and he is so independent, yet he still sits close to me and loves to sleep with Dave or me and on our floor, just near us. He is so dang funny. He is so smart. He impresses me daily with the things he has learned. We have these learning cards that are Kindergarden age. They have different things like sounds/letters/time/sequence of events, etc. He is so good at them, he can pretty mcuh do them all except time and money, which we are working on. He loves to get a good job or you are so smart, he says rather modestly, "i know". He loves to read his Bible at night and pray and he always thanks God for the Holy Spirit living in us and for his family and then he prays "help me stay away from the Devil". It is so sweet. Last week he didnt feel good and he kept praying God please make my tummy better, over and over and then he fell asleep. When he woke up, he felt better and he shouted, "mom, he answered me, im all better". He is so good to Thomas. He helps him up and down off the furniture and his bed. He shares so well with him and he loves to hug on him and teach him new things.
Thomas is into everything. He is 16 months now and he runs all over the house. He loves to aggrivate his brother by grabbing what he is playing with and running. He is starting to learn words, so far, he says mama, dada, J, nightnight, baba, nana, & doggie. He loves his little doggie and has to have it to sleep. He is a fit pitcher though. He likes his way, and if you tell him no, man, he doesn't like that. He points a lot and grunts for things he wants, like crackers or snacks up in the cabinets. He loves to sit with you on the couch and will crawl up with me, Dave or Jeremiah and just sit there. His favorite thing to do is find a corner or small space and fit into it. He is so funny. He blows kisses now, too. He is a really good sleeper and sleeps from 7pm to 8 am, and then takes a nap for 2-3 hours.
He loves his big brother and watches him do everything and tries to mimic him already.
I originally thought 4 years apart may be too much but now I realize God knew what he was doing and this is perfect timing. I am really happy with my life right now and LOVE my boys like crazy!!!

No comments: