Thursday, March 5, 2009

Man, what a week...

My poor husband has gotten a crash course in being a stay at home dad. Last week, Jeremiah's ear started really hurting him. It was, of course, on my day to work, so after a day of crying and a fever, Dave took him to the doctor's office. He had an ear infection and swimmers ear so he got Augmentin and antibiotic ear drops. The antibiotic is really nasty and chalky. He isn't a fan, but we do have to take it twice a day for 10 days. He takes it like a pro and chases it with sprite. It is feeling much better.
This week Thomas had a fever for a few days so after a night of having to give him medicine every couple hours to keep his fever down, Dave decided to take him to the doctor too. He also had an ear infection and is taking Amoxicillin. He is on day 2 of his antibiotic now and feeling much better.
Dave did a great job of getting the appointments, getting the kids to them, filling the prescriptions and giving the boys their medicine all while letting me sleep so I could work. I am so lucky to have such a great husband.
Tomorrow it is supposed to be 68 degrees here. I can not wait. We will put hats on these infected ears and head to the park for the day. Yay!!!

1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

I hope this week has been much, much, much better for you!