Wednesday, February 27, 2008

update on weigh down...

So far I am doing well on this weigh down. It is pretty much just a change in lifestyle and a reversal of the way I've always thought about eating and food. One of the things I have a hard time with is eating the best bites first rather than saving the best bites for last, like I have always done. Another hard thing for me is all the soda I drink. I average about 4-5 sodas a day, Coke and Dr. Pepper being my favorite. I thought I would just decrease my amounts of coke but I have discovered that a lot of it for me is just drinking by habit. I had 1 coke yesterday and by the end of the day just really wanted something carbonated so today i decided to buy diet, even though I have never liked it and never thought I would switch to diet, since i hate the taste. So i bought diet dr. pepper caffeine free tonight and it is ok, plus it helps me with the need to just have a drink. I have done pretty good so far with waiting until Im hungry to eat and only eating a small portion. Im sure it is mental but I already feel better. Maybe it is mental, maybe it is because I am drinking 1/5 of the sugar I was, or maybe all the prayer I am putting into this is working. I am going to go with the last one and keep up what im doing.
It is freeing to know I can eat anything I want. It is hard to wait sometimes, but it is worth it, because it tastes so good when you wait for true hunger.
I'll keep you posted. I know it has only been 2 days but I am liking what I see so far.

No comments: