Thursday, August 16, 2007

Jeremiah has no idea how his life will change

I almost feel sorry for the little guy. Dave and I were first born so we know the agony of a new sibling. It is rough. Somehow, I guess I was too busy taking care of two to be very jealous. Dave on the other hand was very jealous of Danny. They were 5 years apart, we were 3 andn 1/2. Jeremiah and Thomas will be 4 years apart.
He is sometimes cute with other kids 'petting' them or talking in a sweet voice about how cute they are. But then he will try to force the Nuk in their mouth or raise up their head and force a pillow under their head. We will have our hands so full, just watching him. He is excited about having a job to help. He likes making sure the baby has his Nuk so he wants to be on Nuk patrol.
It will be so fun to watch and see how he handles all this new baby stuff. The main thing, I think, for him, will be split attention. He is a daddys boy so to have his dad hold and love someone else will be hard for him. Not to mention me, G and Papa, and Nana and Pop.
He needs lots of prayers right now, because I just am afraid he may regress or start acting out(worse) to get attention again. Please pray that he adjust well.

No comments: