Monday, August 13, 2007

A Question of Southern Hospitality

People have always said that people in the south are friendlier. I am not sure of that. I thought moving to "the north" would be bad because of all these yankees and how rude they are. Maybe it is just here, but the people are really friendly.
I think i have been subconsciously trying to not like it here because it isnt NC or VA, but i really like it here so far. I havent experienced a winter yet, but the summer so far has been great! I think there are great people all over the world and sometimes it just takes being open and willing to see them. Ohio besides from being 6 hours away from our families is not as bad as i was hoping. I think we may enjoy it here.
The only thing that makes me sad is if Jeremiah loses his cute little southern accent and that Thomas wont have one except for what he picks up from his brother and VA family. That is sad because i LOVE his accent.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mandy,

I've never been there but I have actually heard that there are genuine Christians in New York. So, I guess that God can put good people anywhere. (Well, how about, I know that God can put anyone where ever he wants them!)

Mandy Farris said...

I have been told since i moved here that maybe people seem nicer here because of where we were in the south. i have encountered nice people everywhere i have been, but a friend told me that King/Rural Hall are some of the most unfriendly people in the south and not to let them shape my views of 'true southerners'. I dont know, im just saying what she told me.