Monday, January 7, 2008

eczema strikes again

The checks on Thomas' poopy diapers were positive for blood which is what we figured. The doctor said I should attempt to eliminate all dairy as well as soy from my diet and to limit my egg intake as well, since Jeremiah was allergic to them. So that leaves me to eat meat, fruits, and veggies (PLAIN). Anyway, this is so hard for me to know what to do. It can take up to 3 weeks for all the dairy to leave my system so any dairy that is remaining is still affecting Thomas and if I happen to accidentally ingest any, I will be to blame for continued stomach aches, prolonged crying and his itchy, eczema on his face. But if I switch to formula, which would have to be hypoallergenic, not milk-based or soy-based, and 3 times the price of normal formula, then I will be robbing him of the benefits of breastmilk. Either way, it is hard to know which is the right decision to make. I just want him to feel better and not cry or hurt.
Pray that I can be at peace with what I decide to do. Pray that we can afford it if it happens to be formula and that I can find things to eat and be satisfied if i chose the dairy/soy/egg free diet.

No comments: