Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I aint to proud...

A friend of mine kept mentioning that I should check out WIC. I didn't think we would qualify but i really didn't know anything about the program. I prayed a lot about our situation with formula and i thought it was worth a try. I looked into it and we DID qualify. I signed Thomas up for a clinic appointment to get him enrolled and while we were there, they said I should do it and Jeremiah as well, since we all qualified. So, after that we all got on the program. We get free formula now. 8 cans a month at $25 a can =$200 a month. That still amazes me. I am so thankful. In addition to that, we also get milk, juice, cheese, cereal and peanut butter every month, which also adds up.  This is kind of humbling to me to admit that I am on WIC. I guess it shouldn't be because I am no better than anyone else, but I guess just to admit that we don't have a lot of money right now is hard for me. We are making ends meet and not really struggling though which I know is all God. We have a blessed life and I am so grateful for my life here in Cincinnati.

1 comment:

Mrs. Jake said...

I was on wic with both girls. I looked at it this way...

A. My tax dollars were paying for it, so in a sense I was paying for it.

B. If you need it, take it, stop when you don't need it anymore.

It's not like you are having more kids to keep receiving free stuff.
The only hard part was they treated me like I was stupid. That was a tough pill to swallow. They gave me advice like, "when your baby cries, check her diaper" "Make sure you feed them every three hours."
Really?!
But then I'd look at the lady next to me and think, "okay, they have to give out the advice or some babies would go hungry".