Wednesday, January 9, 2008

so here we are...

So after so much prayer and tears I have decided that it is Thomas' best interest to try the hypoallergenic formula. I attempted this morning, not thinking, to give it to him. Not thinking about how totally different it must have tasted (it smells aweful). He totally refused it and screamed to the top of his lungs for about 45 minutes. This of course didn't help me to feel at peace about my decision. Later I pumped and mixed in just a little and he took it fine. Tonight I did the same, so hopefully over a day or so of adding a little more in, he will be ok with the taste.
It will be so much better to know he is free of milk/soy/egg. I do feel like this was the right decision, despite the cost. I am working on getting multiple coupons from people and hopefully some samples from the doctor. There is even a possibility that insurance could cover it or that we may be able to qualify for WIC. That would help a lot. Anyway, we are assured God will take care of us and make my sweet baby well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Baby Thomas!
Makes me think of Jeremiah asking "does it have eggs in it?" before eating anything at our house.
Mandy, you are patient and persistent, so I am sure the problem will be solved soon!
We miss you!