Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Trip to VA

We had a great trip home for Thanksgiving. We were there a whole week. We got to see a lot of old friends we haven't seen in a long time and it was great. Thomas turned one and we had his party with family. We had 2 Thanksgiving meals in 1 day. It was a lot of fun.
On the way home, our van, which we just spent $1200 on the past few weeks started acting up again. It is so frustrating. We went to church at University Christian Church downtown this weekend because we had the weekend off and the van stalled out at every stop light on the way home. It was very scary and frustrating to us. Anyway, despite the van troubles, we have so much to be thankful for.
We will be shopping tonight for our adopted family. I cant wait. We decided this year to cut way back on what we spend for each other and our families and focus our spending on a needy family. We got our family and it is a single mom with 2 boys, 4 and 6, from a domestic abuse situation who relocated to Cincinnati recently and doesn't have a job yet. I think it will be so awesome for Jeremiah to pick out what he would like and then give it away. I kind of wish i could see him give it to the kids, but we chose to do it anonymously. I'm excited. I really want to instill a trait of giving in my kids. It is so rewarding.









Here are a few pics of them in front of the Christmas tree in their Christmas jammie's. I am a PJ-aholic if you didn't know. I love pajamas. I love buying them and dressing them in them, esp Thomas' age. I thought this may be the last year I can get Jeremiah to wear footed pj's so I jumped on these cute matching ones.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pics are so cute ... and so are their PJs, but I will admit: I HATE BUYING PJs. They are SO expensive since no one will see them. I would rather buy shoes, clothes, almost anything. They are cute though! :)

Amanda Troyer said...

How did you find matching ones in that big of a size gap??? I have a 6M and a 2T and can't ever find matching things!!

Stephanie Karnes said...

great pics and love the jammies! i love buying them too! they are just so darn cute in pj's!

Mandy Farris said...

They are carters. They only go up to 5T. I did see they have bigger footed ones at Target but I doubt they would have matching baby ones, so I would have to just coordinate. They actually make them for adults online. Wouldnt that be interesting, all 4 of us in footed Pj's for a picture!