Sunday, November 11, 2007

So as the day approaches, I have been gathering my questions for the doctor. One big one for me was contraception after the baby is born. I asked how soon I could get an IUD. I thought it would be pretty immediate, but he said the soonest I could get it would be at 6 weeks post-baby and only then if I have a normal pap smear and my period has resumed. So, if I am nursing, which i plan to do for a few months at least, I more than likely wont have a period. So, I cant get it for a while and I cant get my tubes tied because Im not 30 or I dont have 3 kids. This is crazy. I really hope I dont show up to my 6 weeks check-up pregnant. That would be crazy.

Jeremiah is doing some better. He seems to be getting excited more about 'our' baby. He has been wrapping his stuffed monkey up in his night-night and playing like it is a baby. I hope this is a good sign. He has been doing better about going to class at church. He still has his moments at Mops, but only usually cries for a brief time. He really likes sleeping in our floor next to us, which is usually ok, but I also want him to sleep in his bed. It just seems it wont be as hard if he gets used to it now, as opposed to once Thomas is here. I dont want him to feel like we are kicking him out at that point, but I want him to sleep too, and not be awakened every few hours for me to feed the baby and change diapers. I think he will be fine though. We just need to work on being gentle and watching how we act around the baby, as far as jumping an running and throwing toys, etc. We made Thomas a turtle at build-a-bear from Jeremiah. I have a feeling Jeremiah will try to reclaim it in December, but at the time, he was excited about making 'his' baby a new animal.

A little over two weeks to go. So far, Im not dilated or anything, but he is head down, on my bladder, non-stop. I go back to the doctor this Thursday. This is getting down to the wire, especially with Thanksgiving next week and then our little bundle of Joy will be here. YAY!!!

No comments: