Friday, May 16, 2008

jeremiah and his new do

I have been wanting Jeremiah to get a haircut for some time now but since he thinks he is a middle schooler, he wanted to grow out his hair like a lot of them have it.
Finally, he saw this commercial for pediasure. He has been begging me for it since he saw the commercial. It is the one where the little girl is in the buggy and her mom says "we need chicken and she says I dont like chicken. We need waffles, I dont like waffles. We need broccoli, I dont think i like broccoli." Well, that must have been what struck a cord with Jeremiah because he doesnt like broccoli either so he thought he needed pediasure since he "doesnt eat healthy and eat broccoli".

So, i think this is the perfect time to use bribery. I say ok, we can get pediasure if you get a haircut, so he has been so excited, begging me to get a haircut since i mentioned it.
So yesterday we finally go to a barbershop (one i've never been to) and he get up in the chair. The man seems nice but goes ahead starting cutting without asking me what i think or how i want it to look. By the time i realize what is happening and am working to formulate a game plan to tell him to do more, he is telling Jeremiah, "this one one good looking haircut, you look great, that is a fine looking boy with his new haircut" and keeps on and on. I couldnt muster the courage to tell him i hated it. His hair was really long and all this man did was trim around the outsides and and scissor cut a little on top, and his bangs, which werent even straight.
So i paid him his $9 and was on a b-line home to 'FIX' what he had destroyed. So we ended up with a buzz which isnt what i had intended. I like it a little longer on top but not with bangs straight across. Oh well, $9 down the drain, but it could be worse I guess.
So here are before ( few weeks before) and after pics, in typical Jeremiah fashion
.

1 comment:

Stephanie Karnes said...

i know that exact commercial!! it used to annoy me so much i would mute it! ha! at least it persuaded jeremiah to get his haircut. i can't believe he didn't like the pediasure after all that. (ok, i can...he's 4.) a $9 haircut and the expense of pediasure!! but hey...now you know never to go back to that barber and never to buy pediasure again!!